Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Success is a journey, not a destination

We finally made it to mid-semester break! Time has been flying by down here. It seems just like yesterday I was packing my bags to move down to St. Kitts but here I am finally through with my first round of exams. Vet school is tough...well, it's more like a lot of information thrown at you that you must understand within a matter of days because before you know it, you're back in the LRC filling out your scantron. But when you put life on hold and study your brains out day after day and not just memorizing the information but understanding and utilizing the information, you're bound to ace your exams without breaking a sweat.

I woke up today hoping I was caught up on that thing called sleep but I'm a little glad I didn't. For how crazy life has been flying by the past few weeks, I can say I finally have time to stop and smell the roses...or a better case, stop and watch the sunrise.
There's never a dull sunrise or sunset here in St. Kitts, as long as you never forget to watch them. This weekends festivities consist of a catamaran trip from St. Kitts to Nevis. A full day on the sea, swimming, snorkeling, getting sunburned, making long-lasting memories, and drinking copious amounts of....caribbean kool-aid of course. It doesn't end there either. Saturday is the paint party. So, think of a light show, with a rocking DJ, and paint being splattered everywhere and on everyone. Oh yeah, and more caribbean kool-aid, can't forget that stuff. Hopefully Sunday morning I'll be recovered to take on a hike....but who am I kidding, I live to hike. It's about time to see St. Kitts from the top of the world. 

I'll keep this short and sweet. Vet school is going amazing, I love living here, the friends I've made are a blessing to say the least, yes I do miss home but I must not forget this is my new home for now. It's killing me not having my pets with me every day. The hardest part about coming home, going to bed, and waking up in the morning is without my fur kids being there. It will be a miracle for me to leave this island without rescuing a kittitian kitty or island retriever. 

To everyone back home, just remember if you can't start your car or find it buried underneath the snow consider yourself a snow day. 

Much love from the rock <3

No comments:

Post a Comment